Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Last Steps North

WOOO-HOOOOO!!!

After months of walking every day, my journey to CANADA is complete.
The Northern Cascade Mountains were an absolutely stunning finale and easily rivaled the High Sierras in both remoteness and scale; a truly awesome experience. The weather had co-operated wonderfully for most of the Glacier Peak Wilderness and north of Stehekin but just a day before finishing a huge cold front came through and made sure to remind me what the great north is supposed to be like in the fall.  Cold, damp, and wet.  It is time to head back to civilization and start planning my next adventure!!!!

Please stay tuned for an announcement regarding the time and location of my Talk and Slideshow Presentation to wrap up the fundraiser for the Coleville Valley Animal Sanctuary.  It will be a fun evening of stories and incredible photos from the trail.  If there is anyone out there wishing for me to come talk to a community group, etc please feel free to email me at talags@gmail.com and we may be able to work something out.

Thank you again for following in my incredible journey!
Peace, Love, and Happy Trails!!!!!
~Beads

On the monument marking the US/Canadian border



Pisatan Wilderness


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Laura, what an accomplishment, you are truly an inspiration and have a heart as big as the Pacific Crest Trail itself!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! What a commitment you've made for the animals. I hope I can attend your presentation to hear more!!!!!!

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Chica, I'm so proud of you and your amazing feet! What an adventure! I wish I was at the border to hug you and rub your aching feet. You're so dedicated to animals and their welfare. So many people say they'll help, and so very few actually do anything. You are my hero. Can't wait to see you and your smiling face. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! Really, Webster ain't got the words to tell you how proud I am of you! What a goal.....what a finish!! Amazing! Looking forward to seeing you tonight!!! Tattoo will be one happy pooch to have mom home happy and healthy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this is a bit late coming. But, Congratulations!!!! it was such a pleasure and honor to share the trail with you. Fate wouldn't have us finish skipping hand in hand but I'll take what I can get. So happy for you. You'll always be a champion in my book.

    ReplyDelete