Thursday, September 5, 2013

Rough and wonderful

Greetings from Snoqualmie Pass!

Firstly, a HUGE THANK YOU to Dragonfly and Beaker who drive me form the airport back to the trail.  It was so surreal to leave PA in the morning, fly to Seattle, and be sitting around a campfire by dusk, surrounded by great friends and good vibes.

I've taken a few days off the trail before but I've learned that 2 weeks is is too much.  My feet are soft, my hips are bruised, and my whole body is sore.  With some foul weather expected in the area I've taken the opportunity to rest at the most awesome Mountain Mostel, a hiker hostel that just opened up here on the pass and a perfect place to relax away from Washington's finest storms.  If the weather man is correct it will be sunny and warm all next week, perfect for steps northbound through some of the most spectacular terrain on the trail.

Peace, Love, and Happy Trails!
~Beads

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss, I know how hard it is to lose someone so close. Keep trekking babe and I will see you soon. I heard the good news a few weeks ago, but it was confirmed by Dragonlady on Friday. Love you and miss you terribly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang.....you are so close I want to drive over for a hi-5 and a hug!! Take care of the feet and body....want you to make it through this last leg of the journey for sure!!!

    Thinking about you, anxious to see you!!

    ReplyDelete